We are excited to share with you the following resources for the inaugural National Anaesthetic Technician Day which we will be celebrating on 12 March in conjunction with our Australian colleagues. We feel it is crucial to share our role with the public both so that patients have an understanding of who is caring for them and to encourage people into the profession. The flyer for the day can be found here.
It would be fantastic if you would initiate celebrations in your workplace or hospital, perhaps even get your management in support and have a display stand in a public area. Please do not feel you have to use all of the posters, but choose some that fit with the work you’re proud of doing in your workplace.
These posters are printable up to size A2. During your celebrations, it would be great if you shared photos to the NZATS Facebook page.
- I am a member of the healthcare team
- I may put in an intravenous drip
- I may train for up to 3 years
- I will look after you if you need transferring between hospitals
- I check the equipment to make sure it’s safe to use
- I take part in the surgical safety checklist
- I get called to emergencies around the hospital
- I make sure you are warm and comfortable
- I listen to your concerns
- I am Robin to Batman