New Journal of Perioperative Practice Issue
The December edition of the Journal of Perioperative Practice is now available to NZATS members in the members section. Click here for quick access to the all available journals.
RACP Conference 12-14 May 2022
The Royal Australiasian College of Physicians are holding a congress in May 2022 in Melbourne, Auckland and virtually titled “A Climate for Change” This is open to Allied Health Staff as well as physicians. Register before the end of the year and use the code EARLY22 to get 15% off the registration fee.
For more information and registration visit here:
Advertisement for the Degree Programme
Please watch and share widely to promote the opportunity
Examination update regarding COVID-19 vaccinations
The Medical Sciences Council has considered the issue and does not consider an unvaccinated student can sit or attend the exam.
Given the Medical Sciences Council is the provider of the exam, and therefore holds the rights to the exam, they have made vaccination a condition for sitting the exam.
New Journal of Perioperative Practice Online
The next edition of the Journal of Perioperative Practice is now uploaded. It can be found within the members section.
Update for December Registration Exam
CPD announcement: Upper South Island education day cancelled
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 restrictions at Burwood Hospital, the Regional meeting and Education day that was to be held on Sautrday 6th November is now unable to go ahead.
Information re: a new date to be announced later (likely early part of 2022).
Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Kathy Campbell – NZATS Upper South Island Regional Rep
Prize winner announcement
NZATS would like to congratulate the following research award winners:
- Excellence Award for Registered Anaesthetic Technicians
- Charles Harsono for his submission: Literature review of disposable and reusable products in anaesthesia – A life cycle assessment perspective.
- Basil Hutchinson Award for Trainee Anaesthetic Technicians
- Ashlea Hunter for her submission: A historical perspective of the invention and evolution of intraoperative cell salvage.
- First Prize – Simon Donald for his presentation: Mr Donald goes Troppo: A technician’s experiences working in the Cook Islands.
- Second Prize – Michael Smith for his presentation: A degree of change – BHSc in Perioperative Practice (AUT).
- Third Prize – Charles Harsono for his presentation: The environmental impact of anaesthetic gases.
December Registration Examination
NZATS virtual AGM invitation
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Oct 29, 2021 03:30 PM Auckland, Wellington
Topic: NZATS AGM
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.